[gptalk] Re: "Extra Registry Settings"

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:18:44 +0000

Steve,

I've written a while a go a short review about ADM Template Editor. I use it in
the field for Getronics PinkRoccade at the moment and can say it will save you
time in building or editting adm templates.

http://www.datacrash.net/reviews/reviews/adm-template-editor.html

From: syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re:
"Extra Registry Settings"Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:41:47 +1100

Hi Steve,

We sell a product called ADM Template Editor. The Domain version of it provides
a facility to generate an ADM template with entries for the “Extra Registry
Settings” which you can then use to remove the settings.

It could also be useful in rebuilding it if it is fairly large.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-
http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml

ADM Template Editor:-
http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=adm_summary.shtml

Policy Log Reporter(Free)
http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=policyreporter.shtml

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tappmeyer, Stephen [GCG-NAOT]Sent: Friday, 8 December 2006 4:20 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: "Extra Registry Settings"

Thanks.  I have searched for the template and due to staffing changes, it
appears lost.  I am in the process of recreating it.

Thanks for the help.
Stephen

Stephen W. Tappmeyer
Infrastructure Engineering
North America Information Technology, Citigroup, Inc.
1000 Technology Drive, MS 260
O'Fallon, Missouri, 63368-2240
Tel: 636.261.1490
Fax: 636-261-1500
Stephen.Tappmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark SammonsSent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:17 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: "Extra Registry Settings"

Stephen,

Are you seeing this in the Settings pane in the Group Policy Management Console?

The GPMC really does not cope well with settings lists in group policy, even in
the “standard” ADM templates.  A good example are firewall exceptions – these
are always listed as Extra Registry Settings.  The easiest way to figure it out
is, obviously, try and figure out what the value is and what template might
have set it.  Or even search for the registry string in your ADM templates
(C:\Windows\Inf).  If that doesn’t work, as Darren suggests, create an ADM
template for those values and turn them off that way.

Mark

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tappmeyer, Stephen [GCG-NAOT]Sent: 07 December 2006 16:41To:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] "Extra Registry Settings"

I have inherited an issue with a GPO that has “Extra Registry Settings” .  It
is apparent that the template does not exist and I need to remove these
settings.  I have search and cannot find any clear suggestions.  Can anyone
assist?

Thanks

Stephen W. Tappmeyer
Stephen.Tappmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx