[gptalk] Re: Exporting the local gpo settings

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 01:24:52 -0400

Thanks Alan and Darren!

So I can't use a gpupdate command on the new computer to update the policy
settings, right?

When I change the number in gpt.ini do I have to reboot the computer for
settings to take effect?

As for the security settings, are these also configured in the local GPO?

How do I export the local security settings?

Do you all know where I can find a list of which settings are stored in the
registry.pol files and which settings are stored in the security templates?
Thanks!