[gptalk] Re: Event ID 1047 Windows cannot read GPO history

  • From: "Berridge Cynthia" <netcom3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:15:18 -0500

Darren,

I have noticed in my testing that this error appears on the first logon,
if a user profile does not exist.  The user can then subsequently logon
without this error.  I am testing to see if this error appears when a
user profile already exists.  I have been able to fix the issue by
deleting the history
and then loading the hive of the user profile experiencing the problem.

We image our desktop computers, however there are many different
variations in the images.  We are working on standardizing, but you know
how that goes.
It may be that there is something built into our image that is
contributing to this problem.  I find it interesting however, that it
appears to be occurring only on first logon.
All desktops are XP SP1.  Do you think it could have something to do
with how GPO is applied, asynchronous\synchronous?

Regards,

Cynthia Berridge
IT Dept.
Moore County Schools