[gptalk] Re: Error Deploying .MSI

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:46:05 -0800

Joe-
At this point I would enable verbose MSI Logging (under Computer Config\Admin
Templates\Windows Components\WIndows Installer\Logging. If this a per-computer
deployment, then you should see a file that looks something like this:
msi396d.log for each app that is installed (or attempted to be installed) in
c:\windows\temp (or %temp% for per-user installs). Find the log file related to
this failed install and it should tell you why its failing to read the MSI
file.

Date:  11/6/2006
Time:  12:31:39 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: US-LEX-DC3
Software Installation was unable to read the MSI file OMNIA.msi.  The following
error was encountered: No more data is available.

Data:
0000: 03 01 07 80               ...€