[gptalk] Re: Digitalcameras Terminalserver

  • From: "hans straat" <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Darren Mar-Elia" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:25:35 +0000

By default Windows Terminal Server does not support USB devices.
Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 40 supports USB / Twain redirection.

regards,
Hans Straat
www.datacrash.net

From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re:
Digitalcameras TerminalserverDate: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:48:40 -0700

Not that I am aware, at least through Group Policy. Maybe others have ideas?

Darren

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of SIMI Michael P. SchiefererSent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:09 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Digitalcameras Terminalserver

Hello!

We’re in the need to use Digital Cameras (and maybe USB Scanner) on our
Terminalservers. For security reasons we’ve disabled all the Client/Server
mappings for the RDP Connection. As we’re just in a ThinClient project we
cannot use the Camera local any longer (as the Thinclients are Windows CE).

Is there any convenient way to use such Devices as Cameras without allowing the
user to map their local Devices into the RDP Session?

Another annoyance: If no Driver for the Camera is installed, Windows will
recognize it as an Removable Diskdrive. No problem so far. But if an driver is
installed the Camera is no longer an removable Device but an Camera (per WIA)
instead. How to use such devices (Scanner is another example).

best regards

SIMIStv. EDV-LeitungIT-Executive[p] +43 (6246) 8966 - 617[f] +43 (6246) 8966 -
10[@] simi@xxxxxxxxxx [w] http://www.digital-elektronik.com/Digital Elektronik
Ges.m.b.H.Berchtesgadner Str. 105083 Gartenau / Salzburg / Austria

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich und ausschliesslich fuer den
bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat
dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein sollten, beachten Sie bitte, dass jede
Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe
des Inhalts dieser E-Mail unzulaessig ist. Wir bitten Sie, sich in diesem Fall
mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.

The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended reciient, any form of disclosure, reporduction,
distribution or any action taken or refrained from in reliance on it, is
prohibited and my be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately.