[gptalk] Re: DesktopStandard Reg extension tool no longer working???

  • From: "Michael Pietrzak" <mpietrzak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:09:45 -0800

Okay, never mind. I just created an account over at Desktopstandard,
(needed to access their forums, ugh) and was able to find the cause and
solution. Apparently the free tool is incompatible with IE7.

The fix is...

There is not a patch as of yet.

You can however modify the name of the following registry key. (add a
dash to the end of it)

That will disable the part of policymaker that is causing the crash.

The key is:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{45B01F1C-5AC2-458C-9457-42A81B34A26D}

So simply add a dash or some other character will cause the app to work.

Thanks and sorry to spam your respective email systems.

Michael