[gptalk] Re: Deploying Outlook profiles via GPO?

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:51:09 -0500

Thanks Jakob! I will give it a try! (-:

________________________________

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jakob H. Heidelberg
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 5:16 AM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: Deploying Outlook profiles via GPO?

Hi there,

You'll need the Office Customization Toolkit - create a PRF file and
make some "logic" (perhaps in a script) on how and when to import it
(OUTLOOK.EXE /ImportPRF <"path to PRF file">)

You'll need the Office Resource Kit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BB7CB10-A6E5-4
334-8925-3BCF308CFBAF&displaylang=en

If needed you may want to delete old profiles, in that case look here:

"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\"

You'll need to study these PRF options:

DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Yes
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=false

There are many ways to do this - depending on your need, but the above
should be a good start.

Good luck J

/Jakob H. Heidelberg