[gptalk] Re: Deploying 3rd party apps through the Gpo

  • From: "Asaf Efrati" <efratia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:42:29 +0300

Hey darren,

Thanks for the info,

I was wondering about if I can package regular exe as msi in order to deploy
them.

I will read your white paper on the subject.

Asaf,

The question was sent from my work mail. J

מאת: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] בשם
Darren Mar-Elia
נשלח: יום ג 29 יולי 2008 20:10
אל: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
נושא: [gptalk] Re: Deploying 3rd party apps through the Gpo

You can deploy apps via GP as long as they are packaged using the MSI
format. I wrote a whitepaper on the topic if you are interested:

http://www.sdmsoftware.com/dl/Deploying_Software_With_Group_Policy.pdf

Darren