[gptalk] Re: Default save location for office 2003 via group policy

  • From: "Igor Sundic" <igor.sundic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:28:34 +0200

Alternatively, you can use Office 2003 Resource Kit tool to create an MST to
be deployed together with you MSI and to customize File Save path. You can
customize many Office settings this way. The downside of this approach is of
course that you don't have a centralized control over those settings via the
GPO but the upside is that there is less GPO processing at logon and if
there are no ready-made ADMs you will have to resort to creating a custom
ADM and then you will be in registry tatooing business.

Igor