[gptalk] Re: Default Homepage Mess..

  • From: "Harry Singh" <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:31:42 -0400

Hey Derek, Here goes a more detailed summary of steps i took:

1: management wanted me to set a default homepage
2: set it using IE Mainetnance\URLS\Default Home Page
3: MGNMT then said to remove that setting so people can configure and keep
what they please
4: i simply deleted that homepage entry and unchecked that option in the ie
maintenance.
5: users with IE keep having their default homepage changed even after they
manually set it. i.e. user opens IE with default of google.com. they
manually
change page to msn.com and about 10 minutes later the default page is
google.
com instead of msn.com. This is happening across the board sporadically.

i RSOP'd the machines that this is occurring on, including mine, and don't
see an entry for default homepage. none of the gpo's in my domain have the
default homepage option configured.

You can follow a post i started at thsi site, but the resolution corrected
didn't work or maybe i didn't apply it correctly.

http://tinyurl.com/69z7sc