[gptalk] Re: Confused about Vista Group Policies

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:45:50 +1000

Hi Jack,

You can either leave them on the workstation or create a central store. The
central store is created as follows:-

To create the central store

1.   Create the root folder for the central store

%systemroot%\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions on your domain
controller.

2.   Create a subfolder of
%systemroot%\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions for each language your
Group Policy administrators will use. Each subfolder is named after the
appropriate ISO-style Language/Culture Name. For a list of ISO-style
Language/Culture Names, see Locale Identifiers
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=56424> . For example, to create a
subfolder for U.S. English, create the subfolder:

%systemroot%\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions\EN-US.

You then copy the ADMX and ADML files from your Vista machine to this
directory.

The advantage of a central store is that all Vista machines will then use
the one set of ADMX files

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir