[gptalk] Re: Configuring Power Options with GPP

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 18:15:47 -0500

Positive. There appears to be something different between a foreground
and background refresh in this case. Here's another test I just did:

1)      Computer Configuration set to apply "Always On" scheme (GPO has
lowest precedence)

2)      User configuration set to apply "Home/Office Desk" scheme

3)      User configuration set to apply "Portable/Laptop" scheme (GPO
has highest precedence and should win out regardless of
foreground/background refresh).

4)      Manually set scheme to "Max Battery"

5)      Reboot machine

6)      Logon as user affected by policies 2 & 3. Power scheme is set to
"Portable/Laptop" (as expected).

7)      Run gpupdate

8)      Power scheme is set to "Always On" from GPO in step 1.

So, it appears that the schemes I configured on the user side are being
totally ignored when GPP processes during a background refresh. Surely
this is not by design is it?

Regards,

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>