[gptalk] Re: Computer Policy Stuck on Machine? (corrected)

  • From: "Bobby Benninger" <bobby.benninger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:55:34 -0400

Yes I get Userenv Event 1030 error in the Application log: "Windows cannot
query for the list of Group Policy Objects. A message that describes this
reason was previously logged by the policy engine."

I can't figure out where this previous message is, unless it is the warning
in my System log - which is source: LSASRV, category: SPNEGO (negotiator),
event id: 40961, message: "The Security System could not establish a secured
connection with the server
ldap/vcfile01.veredus.local/veredus.local@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx No authentication
protocol was available."

I found an article on MS that says this could mean DFS is disabled in the
reg but I checked and that is not the case. What do you think?

thanks,
bob