[gptalk] Clean Up Existing GP settings

  • From: "Tim Bolton" <jsclmedave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:08:38 -0600

I am attempting to root out a bunch of redundant - and in some cases not
needed - GP settings for a client.

They broke rule number 1 by setting everything for multiple sites into the
Default Domain Policy.  They also created separate OUs and redundant
settings.

What I want to do now is start backing out the not needed, and moving the
needed settings from the Default Domain Policy to specific GPs assigned to
their specific PCs and or Users.

So is there a list of GP that I will run into issues with due to Registry
changes or anything like that?  I would like to get it cleaned up then
tackle the tricky settings one at a time to ensure they do not cause other
issues.

Thanks!

--

Tim Bolton