[gptalk] Re: Bat File Not Executing.

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:57:56 -0500

When you say “delete the profile” are you just trying to delete the profile
folder under C:\Documents and Settings? That doesn’t truly dump the profile, as
there are still some registry keys that have to be cleaned up.

On that note, I don’t think deleting the profiles on startup is a good
practice, even if they are for what I assume are temporary lab user accounts.
You’re better off creating a scheduled task on the machine to run the
delprof.exe utility (from the Server Resource Kit) which can delete all
profiles that have not been used in a specified number of days. Just my opinion
though. You may have valid reason for doing it that way so please don’t take
offense. J

As far as the script not executing is concerned, did you place it in the GPO’s
“machine\scripts\startup” folder in SYSVOL or somewhere else on your network?