[gpsbug]

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:40:09 -0400

Hi, everyone

I'm getting lazy and just finished posting start times on the website.  Good
news is that they will be same as for Fall Series.

I would like to thank the Cassel's again for putting on a great fish fry.
Halibut, flounder, surrounded by some great down home sides and desserts,
add a little bit of Rum.  What more could anyone ask?

Rumor has it that Richard's Dad taught him how to cook.  If I could cook
like that I wouldn't have to do all this computer stuff!

We all had a great time and are looking forward to the Winter get-together
where hopefully Rebecca will get back in the money.

I'd like to clarify my comments regarding ratings.  Next year, I think we
should all have PHRF certificates.  The racing is getting closer, the
sailing is getting better and I think this will save a lot of discussion
about ratings.

You can learn about PHRF and download an application from the following
website

http://www.phrfchesbay.com/

Costs about $35.00 and we'll be helping support handicap sailing on the bay.

We'll split the fleet into two divisions:

(1)  Spinnaker
(2)  Non-Spinnaker

You must enter in one category or another for an entire series.

Non-Spin will usually sail a shorter course.

Trophies in each division will be awarded as follows:

First three places (if more than five boats entered)
First two places (if three or four boats entered)
First place (if one or two entered).

I plan to hold the entry fees the same as they were this year.

See ya on the water.  Saturday is supposed to have sun and wind.

All we need.

John