[gpsbug] Re: WSSC Spring 2010 ad Hoc Race Series

  • From: John Edwards <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:46:46 -0400

Steve,
Recovery crew is delighted to participate, and thank you for stepping in to get things going. Let me know what I can do to help, Steve. We'll be happy to provide committee boat when needed or anything else that will make life easier. Jim and John have a general preference for Sundays (John coaches soccer for his sons this spring and Jim goes to college football games in the fall). But we can get the boat out either day. So, i guess mark us down for 40/60 preference.
Thanks again,
John E
On Mar 29, 2010, at 9:28 PM, <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx> <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

WSSC Spring 2010 ad Hoc Race Series

Proposed schedule:
     Each weekend 17 April-19 June, except as noted
     No race 8-9 May (Mothers’ Day weekend)

As we did last year, each race to be “organized/coordinated” by email the week before.

For those skippers likely to race this Spring:

Pls email me your preferences for racing on Saturday or Sunday using a percentage scale, e.g.:

70/30 would indicate a higher likelihood of racing on Saturday than Sunday
     10/90 would indicate most chance of racing on Sunday

          (The first percentage will always represent Saturday)

     Saturday races would probably start mid-morn.
     Sunday races would probably start early afternoon.

Should you be interested some other races further afield, occurring during the Series:
        5/28-29         Down the Bay Race
        6/4-6   Southern Bay Race Week
        6/18            Cock Island Race

John Wandling is an excellent source for racing around Hampton Roads.
John also will continue to provide PHRF ratings for WSSC series entries.

Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve