[gpsbug] Re: Today's Race

  • From: "Ted" <tedstjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geochristian@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:37:26 -0500

Thanks for the kudos.

I have to congratulate my sons, Scott and Bobby, for hanging in there. The first two legs of the race were great and we had a lot of fun, but that third leg really tested our salt! We also made all those premature tacks that George mentioned. I was trying to stay as close as possible to the Pagan river entrance track to avoid going back into stronger currents and larger swells. I finally asked the boys if they wanted to just hang it up and head on in on the left side of the finish mark, but they refused to give it up. So after a few more tacks, we finally made it through. Then we discovered how challenging it can be to lower and stow your sails in those conditions. But they handeled it like real troopers as I kept it steered into the wind.

Ted

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Christian" <geochristian@xxxxxxxxxxx>