[gpsbug] Re: New Years Day 2011 Race

  • From: Mark Swart <mark_swart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Steve Butkus <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, windtether@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:15:02 -0800 (PST)

All,
I started my engine a few weeks ago when it was really cold -- had to try 3-4
times with my battery switch to 'all' but it eventually lit. Something I wanted
to pass on -- if you have shore power, I read that blowing hot air into the air
intake using a hair dryer was a good way to get a diesel to start when it's
really cold.
Look forward to seeing you all out there!
-Mark

Date: Monday, December 27, 2010, 4:54 PM

Wind Tether will be there if, as with John. I get the snow off and the engine
started!  Sounds great

From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: gpsbug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:52:38
To: <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Ormond, John (Newport News)'<John.Ormond@xxxxxxx>;
<j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <Robert.th.kerr@xxxxxxxxx>; <j.hackney@xxxxxxxx>;
WhiteShoal ('Gpsbug@Freelists. Org ')<gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
McGreevy<rmcg5070@xxxxxxx>; <Cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Mark
Swart<mark_swart@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the feedback... let's "fire" the First Gun at 1200

Thanks,
Steve