[gpsbug] Memorial Day Blessing of the Fleet at GPYC

  • From: "Wayne Willis" <w.willis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "White Shoals Racing Group" <Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:40:34 -0400

The traditional Blessing of the Fleet will be at 3:15 on Memorial Day.  We will
start with a brief service on the GPYC dock at the gazebo after the national
moment of silence scheduled for 3:00.  We will then go to the Parade of Boats
when each boat will be honored and blessed for the coming season of boating.
In case you will already be on your boat and not at the gazebo, follow the
crowd to the assembly area near the oyster house in Battery Park where the
parade will start.  Rev Gary Barker, Rector at Christ Episcopal Church, will
again be here for the ceremony.  All types and sizes of boats are welcome to
participate in the parade.  Boaters from outside of GPYC are also welcome.  We
will invite anyone at the club to come along for the Parade of Boats.

Boat decorations, flags, and banners are encouraged and a smartly outfitted
crew of beautiful people is even better.  Pictures of each boat will be taken
as it passes the reviewing party.

Wayne