[gpsbug] Re: 2008 Racing Sked - Proposed

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:12:09 -0500

Steve,

I apologize for missing the coordination meeting.
Here is what I propose for the upcoming racing season:

Sat, May 10 - WSSC Spring#1
Sun, May 18 - GPYC Pagan River Challenge - point to point, sail back from
weekend cruise
Sat, May 24 - WSSC Spring #2
Sun, Jun 1 - GPYC Fun (Novice) Regatta - Skipper on board to "coach" for safety
only
                        otherwise stays out of it.
Sat, Jun 7 - WSSC Spring #3
Sat, Jun 14 - WSSC Spring #4
Sun, Jun 22 - WSSC Spring #5 - point to point, sail back from Cock Island Race

Sat, Sep 6 - WSSC Fall#1
Sat, Sep 13 - WSSC Fall#2
Sat, Sep 20 - WSSC Fall#3
Sat, Sep 27 - WSSC Fall#4
Sat, Oct 4  - WSSC Fall#5

Sat, Oct 25 - WSSC Winter#1
Sat, Nov 1 - WSSC Winter#2
Sat, Nov 8 - WSSC Winter#3
Sat, Nov 15 - WSSC Winter#4
Sat, Nov 29 - WSSC Winter#5

All races start at 10AM.
All WSSC races sailed on WSSC venue - if forecast wind west or southwest, will
start at JRB
                otherwise, will start at Pagan River entrance
Exception:  Spring #5 will be point to point, Sunday after Cock Island Race.

NOTE for White Shoal Racers:  GPYC races are open to WSSC skippers who may not
be GPYC members.  Cock Island Race has a cruising division and will assign a
rating if you don't have one.  I note that CCV also plans a cruising division
this year with a similar setup.  CCV will not charge race entry fees for the
cruising division.

White Shoal entry fee will remain at $15/per series, $40.00 for all three.

Thanks,

John