[gps-talkusers] Re: where did you get your motorola Bluetooth headset

  • From: Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:10:28 -0700

Sorry for not being more clear.

It is true that the BraillNote family of products due to it running Windows
CE 4.2 will only support a few Bluetooth services, which are: ActiveSync,
Modem and Keyboard. So, it is not possible to pair a Bluetooth earpiece or
speaker directly with the BrailleNote family of products. It is required to
use a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the earphone jack of the unit and
use this as a bridge. This adapter was  originally designed for cell phones
that didn't come with Bluetooth, but can be used with devices such as the
BrailleNote with an adapter that goes from a 2.5 mm female to a 3.5 male. I
think that those measurements are 1/8" and 1/4" respectively.

Kevin
  _____