[gps-talkusers] trouble making routes

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:42:54 -0400

Morning all,

I am having a proglem, and I hope that you all can help me.  I'll try
to explain what's happening, but I may be unclear.  If I am, ask
questions, or you can write me off-list.

Here is my problem.  In my neighborhood there is a set of streats that
are in an oval with streets coming off them like spokes of a wheel.
This route is about two miles in length, and I have been trying and
trying to record this route so that I can walk it again.  Let me
explain what has happened.

The first time I tried recording this route with a friend, the BN
locked up in the middle, and we had to discard the recording because
it was trunkated.

Last Friday we tried again.  Now, I have been using space with K to
mark all the intersections and so on, thinking that the BN would not
place these in automatically.  I hope this is right?

Also, I made a mistake in the middle of the route.  I was so anxious
about saving the blessed thing that I saved it in the middle, and it
told me that I was at my destination.  Then, it resumed recording and
whenever I put in a waypoint, it kept saying press enter for waypoint
3.  <sigh>  I loused it up some way, I don't know how!

When I returned home and reran the route, all the waypoints were all
katty-wampus, they were all mixed up and jumbled and out of sync.  I
don't know what I did.  I don't know if I was supposed to just record
the route and leave the BN to put in waypoints, or if I shouldn't have
saved it in the middle.  I'm totally discouraged.  This two mile route
was supposed to be my exercise walk, my reason for having the BN.  I
want to walk.  I want to lose weight, but this BN and the GPS has me
totally frustrated.  How do you record routes and what are you
supposed to do.  How do you record a circular route so that it comes
back to the beginning and has the waypoints in order?  Help!

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxx