[gps-talkusers] test subjects

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:59:26 -0700

If you or someone you know is in the San Francisco San Jose area, please consider the following.

Sendero Group and the Talking Lights Corporation are developing, and soon to be testing, an indoor navigation system based on the BrailleNote. We need 8 diverse blind subjects to test this new technology. The commitment would involve 1 to 2 hours, 3 at the outside. It will take place at Benetech, 480 California Avenue in Palo Alto. Each subject will be compensated $50 to cover their time and transportation expenses. The testing may take place as soon as the end of June but most likely later in July.

The subjects should be 18 years of age or older and of different ethnic backgrounds. We would like both cane and dog users. Testers do not have to be totally blind but low to no vision will be best for our tests. Familiarity with the BrailleNote is beneficial but not absolutely required. Call or email Mike May to express interest in being a tester.

In brief, a new Talking Lights ballast replaces the standard ballast in a florescent light. This ballast makes the light transmit a unique identification, which is received by an optical receiver in the BrailleNote to identify specific locations inside a building like an office, bathroom, conference room, etc. We are also using something we call the Personal Navigation Module that keeps track of the user's steps and direction of travel.

Many Thanks,

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T tactile watch, Talks cell phone software and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West