[gps-talkusers] Re: taking your gps on airlines

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:48:18 +0900

Hello, John,
Your PK and GPS receiver do not broadcast energy like a cell phone. Therefore, they should be no problem. However, neither do laptops or AM/FM radios, but the flight attendants request they be turned off during takeoff and landing. There is no logical reason for this. Most GPS receivers do not work well when they are inside an airplane. Good luck.

Dick Myers

From: John Farina <john.farina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gps-talkusers] taking your gps on airlines
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:13:25 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi all,

I am curious to find out if anyone has experienced problems bringing your gps receiver on airlines. Are there any security matters I should be aware of when taking my pk and blue tooth receiver on a flight?

Thanks.

John Farina

(8):[(8)