[gps-talkusers] Re: still no maps

  • From: "rita weyler" <ritaweyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 06:10:59 -0500

Hi Joleen
I don't know exactly what it is called but it is a holder where my compact flash card fits into The holder then the holder hooks in to the USB port on my bn. The braille note calls it a hard disk. I can't hook my compact flash card directly in to my unit. I know the information is their. My maps are recognized occasionally. I mean very occasionally.
I am sorry.  I wasn't real clear what I meant.
Rita
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joleen" <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:31:00 -0700

As a follow up to this we do offer weekly Chats which you can
join
and ask questions and get answers from.
Currently it is on Sunday evenings.
Charles.

At 06:23 AM 8/3/2007, you wrote:
Hi Rita, please contact Sendero Technical support they can walk
you
through the steps to get you up and running.

1888-757-6810.
Charles.

At 03:15 AM 8/3/2007, you wrote:
I spoke too soon.  My apologies.
here are the steps I'm taking
1.  remove and reinsert compact flash card from that card holder
thing.
2. hit n for navigation
3. hit o for options
4. hit enter on maps and poi folder
5.  arrow down until I hear h for hard drive
6 hit enter

this is where I hear no maps loaded.  I have only occasionally
heard one map loaded.
I was at this step when I heard one map loaded when I wrote the
previous email.  I looked back at my braille display.  I was told
no maps loaded.  I am using my pc to write emails not the bn.
Isn't their a time when I am supposed to do a reset?  I am using
3.5.
Thanks lots.
Rita
p.s.  is their a way I can receive training on the gps?  I live
in
the western part of Colorado.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles LaPierre"
<charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx