[gps-talkusers] Re: some questions basic about the Blue Logger

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:40:49 -0500

Hi All,

Somebody mentioned that you can charge the Blue Logger without using the charging cradle by just plugging it directly into the wall charger. Is this correct? Does it charge in the same amount of time if done this way? This might be handy when traveling as one could leave the cradle at home.

Thanks,

Robert Carter

At 12:04 AM 6/27/2005, you wrote:
Vickie,

We spend a fair amount of time in the manual explaining the nuances of GPS tracking, accuracy and the like. It is really worth reading this portion of the manual.

Hi All,

Yes, I know these are going to be basic questions, but guess that is how I
will learn.

First, when one charges the Blue Logger, is one able to leave it in its case
while doing so?  I tried some, but couldn't readily get it lined up in the
charging stand while in its case.  So, not wanting to force things, I just
took it out of the case and it went in to the stand fine that way--well,
best I can tell without sighted assistance here.

Second, about wearing the Blue Logger.  I saw those two places/loops on the
strap
and just used one of them to put the belt clip on the receiver case through.
Is that
correct?

Mary Ellen, grin, I think it is going to take me more than a couple of days
to learn to use this.  Oh, I'm perfectly happy learning, but just not that
fast.

Yesterday when I first got a signal, I had the PK and Blue Logger out on my
balcony, got three satellites and not a very accurate reading of my
location, although I thought it was reasonably accurate at the time.  But,
today when I walked up the street a bit, I got as many as six satellites and
my location was pinpointed exactly to the address range in the block where I
was.  But, before I could explore more, I lost the fix and couldn't readily
get it back, probably due to the fact that I had never charged the Blue
Logger.  But, that is something I am finally taking care of now.  Should
have done it last night, but I kind of got distracted with other technology
related stuff.

I did do some exploring in virtual mode, though, and just had no idea of all
the places around me.  Well, I knew of some of them, but not nearly
all, and this will sure give me ideas of places to try and check out.  And,
of course, as with the Burger King up the street from me, I know that some
may no longer be there, but then a lot still will.