[gps-talkusers] Re: question about editing Route Waypoint

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:25:05 -0700

Message

Hope,

There is a way of editing that Route Waypoint and changing the designation
from a straight to a turning point in your route. The easiest way of doing
this is
to erase the Route Waypoint and to go back to the spot and remarking it in
GPS mode, the trick is making sure that it goes in the proper location. But,
let us asume that you are not at the location and you want to make the
modification in the comfort of your own home.

1. Make sure you are in virtual mode and have Route following mode set to
detailed

2. Open the route that you created, navigate Waypoint by Waypoint to the POI
that you want to change from a straight to a right turn.

3. Erase that Route Waypoint, then remark the Route Waypoint by doing a
SPACE/READ with K, enter the Route Waypoint name, direction, description if
any. The
heading should be based from the direction you were facing before and when
you got to the sidewalk.

4. I have done this with a number of Routes where I goofed on a single turn
and wanted to make the modification while I was thinking about it rather
than
trekking out to that exact location and remarking it.

Kevin

block quote