[gps-talkusers] opinions on using two GPS systems

  • From: "jason smith" <thisisjj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:40:34 +1000

Hi list,
I posted this message before. But have had some email issues. So don't think it
made it to the list? As I didn't see it posted, and didn't get any replies. So
thought I would send it again.

Thanks Jason

Hi list,
I have been considering getting mobile geo. However, I am trying to justify it
to myself. For example, I already have Trekker. Which is now no longer being
developed by Humanware. Although, we will get any future maps produced for the
Trekker breeze. So it is still going to be usable for as long as the PDA it
runs on keeps working smile. But obviously, no future features or bug
corrections are going to be done. My question is, I know that some on the list
have more than one GPS system that they use. Without being to personal. I was
wondering if those list members would mind sharing their reasons for possessing
more than one system? As like I said, I am trying to justify to myself the need
for getting mobile geo, when I already have Trekker. I am not specifically
meaning the use of both simultaneously. Although the practicality of that may
be worth hearing about too. Like I said, I don't wish to pry into people's
personal situations too much. But would love to get some opinions as to the
reasons for having more than one system? Particularly anyone who has both
Trekker and Mobile Geo.

Thanks Jason