[gps-talkusers] Re: opening text files

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:27:31 +0900

I am sure that there is more than one person who has had similar problems. That is why I was questioning why the off-list contact request.

Dick

From: "Carl Simmons" <carlsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: opening text files Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 21:21:04 -0700

Dick,
The purpose of asking a person to contact off list is because I feel that to
continue the thread will not be of interest to the list.   To assure to
person asking the question gets a answer that will resolve there unique
needs.  Some people on this list prefer to not follow each and every answer.

If you feel this is incorrect, I will be sure that I never ask you to
contact me off list.

Carl Simmons
Sendero Group Training and Technical Support
1-888-757-6810 Ext. 106
carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:05:30 -0700

If you really wanted to know all the cities in a state, you could press
Space and Enter on the city field of an address match to generate a complete

list.

At 01:21 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
>Dave,
>There are no files that I am aware of that lists the city's on the state
>maps. If the state has multiple sections there is a document file on the
>included CD in the documents folder that will list the city's contained in
>each section. If the maps are in one section the map will contain all
>cities in that state.
>
>If you are attempting to read the .cty file in the maps it can not be read.

>As it is a copyrighted database file.
>Please contact me off list if you have any questions.
>
>Carl Simmons
>Sendero Group Training and Technical Support
>1-888-757-6810 Ext. 106
>carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(8):[(8)

(8):[(8)