[gps-talkusers] Re: more empowering technology

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:19:24 -0700

Gil, cool thanks.  I'm actually thinking of picking up a Braillenote / GPS
combo.  A close friend has one and let me try it out the weekend before last
and it seemed cool all be it expensive for what you get.  I wasn't sure if you
could pick up GPS data through the aircraft window on comercial flights.  I
generally don't fly comercial so it's a whole different set of in flight rules.
 (much less focus on what you're not supposed to do and much more focus on
enjoying the flight.)  Of course on a comercial flight it's not possible to
tell that the guy in row 17 has a gadget that's jamming navigation, in a
Citation XL it's pretty clear that if it's not the pilot it's the goofball /
goofballs in the back:) so that allows for a certain amount of flexability.  It
would be cool though to have the GPS data on a comercial flight and the audio
from the traffic control that they provide on the in flight headphone system so
you could really know where you were and follow along with the pilots.  Beats
the cheesy movies!  Thanks for the pointer.