[gps-talkusers] luetooth receiver not detected?

  • From: gavin atkins <gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:14:46 +0100

Gavin Atkins,
tel: M 07702:051633,
Email: gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx

Support Guide Dogs by using MagicTaxis FREE internet search engine and email. MagicTaxi gives 50 % of its advertising revenue to charity. For more information see wwwddguidedogsddorgdduk/magictaxiHello list

I'm experiencing some very strange behaviour with my Bluetooth receiver.

About three months ago I bought a Bluetooth receiver.

I spoke to Tom Burton at Humanware UK who told me that they are recommending the Royaltek and the Globalsat bt338.

Because the waas is enabled in the Globalsat bt338 I went for that one.

I am very pleased with it I get accuracy of about 19-28ft usually and sometimes it says waas! but its behaving strangely.

I keep getting the message "Bluetooth receiver not detected" and can only get it going again by re-activating the active sync in the connectivity menu but this will only work for about 5 minutes then I have to do the same thing again.

But when using my bn gps with the same receiver while travelling by car I have never lost the connection with the bt338 receiver, but always when walking with my Guide dog and my leather shoulder bag with my piano tuning tools on my back.

What can be happening, I've been trying to work it out without success any Ideas?

Gavin