[gps-talkusers] Re: iffering download speeds??

  • From: "Jim Gammon" <jgammon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 17:13:34 -0700

Got it, that's what I kind of thought.  Thanks, Jim

-----Original Message----- From: Charles LaPierre
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 5:11 PM
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: iffering download speeds??

Hi Jim,
We are using a thirdparty Network website for larger files which may get
cached around the world so when you download the maps etc. you are actually
downloading them from a some server close to you but the first time someone
downloads that file those servers too must download the original file from
our Server over in the UK.  But smaller files etc are pointed still at our
website server which is located in the UK.  So the download speeds to the
USA won't be very fast but over in Europe they will have pretty decent
speeds I would imagine.

Thanks.

Charles LaPierre, CTO Sendero Group
Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Office Phone: 888-757-6810
Email: Charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com
General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747