[gps-talkusers] hello from London

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:13:42 -0700

Before I answer a couple questions, I have to glow about my meanderings
around London. First, I whiled away the hours on the flight over using the
GPS on a 747.

I have been picking tourist sites like the Natural History Museum and the
London Eye and finding my way there using the BrailleNote. I have taken a
few taxis but mostly I have been exploring London with the GPS. I don't
think I have asked for sighted help once, not that I mind but when you have
time on your hands, it is fun to do it oneself.

It was fun going up the Thames River and seeing all the nav aids, bridges
and nearby points of interest. The UK data does not have nearly the
restaurants the U.S. data does but I am actively adding new spots.

John, the UK maps are being divided into

Michael G. May segments. This makes a lot of operations run faster than the
previous single UK file.

We will also have Canadian maps, provided in conjunction with VisuAide.
Details about that should be available shortly. Those are divided into
provinces.

Got to go, off to see the musical Fame and its about a 1.35 mile walk.

Mike

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West