[gps-talkusers] gps systems inquiry

  • From: "Ann K. Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:30:16 -0400

Hi Rhonda H.,

We have another Rhonda here too.  I didn't know it was so popular a
name.  Our other Rhonda is the one you sing to if you need help around
here.  The chorus goes:

"help me, Rhonda,
Help, help me, Rhonda!"

<smiling with twinkle>  Now to your questions.  I use the BrailleNote
GPS, and it works very well.  You could certainly use it for hiking,
although the maps might not be of much help.  You can, however, use
the compass, and the sattelites to track your longitude and latitude.
So, you could conceivably hike a trail very well.

Now, as for indoors, it doesn't work.  None of the GPS systems
currently on the market do that.  It's being worked on, but it's not
ready for prime-time.  Take care.

HTH,
Ann P.

--