[gps-talkusers] Re: finding addresses in gps 2010

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 15:55:04 +0100

Michael

I think you can only enter the first half of a UK postcode - that is RG1
(not RG1 6NY).

I don't often use the address lookup feature but I think it will come up
with a range of addresses in most cases as the addresses are held in ranges.
For example if you look at location details it usually gives you a range of
numbers on the left and a range of numbers on the right. The ranges should
get you to the right portion of a street as they are always split across
road junctions. In most cases an individual address can only be given by
dividing the length of street by the number of addresses in a range - that
is there are not individual markers for each address.

I hope this makes some sense.

Steve