[gps-talkusers] e: e: Re: unzipping files

  • From: robert stigile <rstigile@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 08:37:14 -0700

Hello,
Yes, you can unzip files.
You need to change the extension, so instead of .zip it would be bks
Hth,

Robert Stigile

From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 08:36:41 -0400
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: unzipping files

No, it is pretty easy.  On the BN:
1.  Navigate to the file.
2.  Hit the rename hotkey (backspace-r on a BT, unsure of QT).
3.  Keep the current name, but add ".bks" (without the quotes) to
the end of said name.
4. Now unpack it like you would a book from Bookshare--either
use
the book reader or directory.
5.  At the "password?" prompt, just hit enter.
6.  If you are unpacking maps or pois, select your maps and pois
folder as the destination when your BN says "folder for unpacked
Bookshare book?".

On a PC:
1.  Right-click the .zip file (hit the applications key or use
ctrl-shift-F10).
2.  Select (on XP anyway) "extract all".
3.  The default options will put a folder with the same name as
your zipped file in the same place as the zipped file, so hitting
enter until it starts unzipping should do fine (I find it easier
to just let it do that and move the resulting files later).

Hope this helps and did not confuse you.

Have a great day,
Alex