[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Re: sing the gps on first long trip

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:24:50 -0400

I have done it before. The only thing I found is that the BN will not charge if the car is off (off the car's battery); it seems to need the motor running. I would use the new-style BN charger (the two-piece model), but I had no problems. This is not a guarantee, just saying my BN didn't blow up. (I was more nervous than I thought possible when I first plugged it in, though).

Have a great day,
Alex

From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:35:04 -0400
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: sing the gps on first long trip

I think that recalculating erases all previous route info, and
that is the problem.  As far as charging goes, Wal-Mart sells a
converter that plugs into the car's power jack and can then
accept normal (120 volt) plugs.

Have a great day,
Alex