[gps-talkusers] e: Re: e: Re: Greetings and a question

  • From: Karen Bailey <karenb74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:31:02 -0500

Hi Chris thank you for helping me. Do you have to have the receiver on when you are looking for the manual? I will try to do this tomorrow probably. Been up since 5 this morning. It's exciting to think I will be able to know what is around in a strange city since I am thinking of moving yet another time, that would be 17 times in 20 years. Not good, so I need all the help I can get. Thank you. Karen and Harpo guidedog, Bailey

From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:44:26 -0800
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Greetings and a question

A sat is short for sattelite.  (I'm sure you know but these are
devices in
orbit that use complex time keeping methods and signal
measurements,
combined with your receiver to calculate lots of things including
your
position in 3D, time and so on.

Sindero offers the M1000 from Hollux which from what I've read on
this list
is the only way to go (and only really supported device).  You
can buy them
anywhere but I'd suggest Sindero as they also include a carrying
case and
again, you'll get the excelent support.  The Sindero price is a
bit higher
than say an Amazon but again, you get the custom case and the
support which
is more than worth the delta in price.'

HTH
Scott