[gps-talkusers] e: Re: e: Re: GPS on a cruise

  • From: gavin atkins <gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:39:24 +0100

Hello everyone
I have used gps while visiting the hebridian Island of Iona (one of the western isle's of Scotland) about three years ago, Iona is the island where Saint Columba landed ad563 and brought Christianity Britain.

We spent a week on the island visiting Columba's Abbey and took a boat trip round the island and I put poi's at the various points that the boat man pointed out on our cruise, another day we went by boat to Fingal's cave on the Isle of Stafa, again I put poi's (from the boat) on the sea opposite Mccinnan's and Fingal's cave's.

You'll find them if you load Scotland maps then search for Fiophort which is a village on the Isle of Mull then set your vertual to there don't worry about streets, there's only 2, then do a poi search there's no city on Iona, to find Fingal's cave you'll need to expand search to about 7/8 mi, the point of me telling this is that there is a lot of fun to be had with our gps's at sea as Mike said there's lots of Light houses and navigation points around the uk.

Regards Gavin

Gavin Atkins,
tel: M 07702:051633,
Email: gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx

Support Guide Dogs by using MagicTaxis FREE internet search engine and email. MagicTaxi gives 50 % of its advertising revenue to charity. For more information see wwwddguidedogsddorgdduk/magictaxi