[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Re: advanced Poi search

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:56:07 -0700

Hi Kathy,
As you found out you are not really in a list once you do a POI search, it has been asked to instead of bringing you back to the main program to put you in a list so you can quickly get to pois by first letter etc, we will consider that in future revisions. Currently you can't do this so the best option would be to narrow down your search by typing in the first letter of the POI you wish to search for when being prompted for the POI search string and this will return just those POIs starting with that letter.

Hope that helps
Charles.

At 07:52 AM 8/23/2007, you wrote:
Mike, is there a faster way to go through all the results when you choose the "All" category for a poi search? If there are, say, 300 poi's to search through, that can be extremely tedious. I once tried typing the first letter of the place I was looking for, but received a response of a GPS command. I know you can do a first letter in the list of categories, r for recreation for example, and it takes you to the r category. A faster search through the list of poi's would certainly be very helpful, especially if you're in a moving car looking for a place.
Thanks.
Kathy