[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Re: a little frustrating

  • From: "gerry leary" <lgerry3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:55:55 -0600

Hello Richard,

When I used the Magellan receiver I found that the only thing the computer did was to accept data. Gerry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Bartholomew" <richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:39:56 -0700
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: a little frustrating

Robert,

The receiver does not start looking for satellites until the GPS
application menu is loaded.

Robert,

It is best to turn the blue logger on outside when ever possible, and turn
it off when you are going into a building. It has to do with the memory of
the unit and it's last fix of sattlites and when you have it on indoors it
thinks you have had it off and traveled a long distance of miles like 2 or 3
hundred, so it goes through a entire new sat area look mode for it has no
updated sat. memory of the area.
hth