[gps-talkusers] e: Re: New 4.0 documentation and audio tutorial

  • From: robert stigile <rstigile@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:09:00 -0700

Hello,
Yes, you can download the maps using the braillenote.
It will take a long time doing so, but it can be done.
I think when I downloaded 3.5 if I remember correctly, it took about 15 minutes per state.
Good luck,

Robert Stigile

From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:05:26 -0400
tutorial

Hi,
your best bet is to pick up a card reader and use that.
You can get them for around 10 or 20 dollars.
or if you have a friend that has a card reader you can download
the
maps on their computer and have them transfer them to the card
for
you.
most newer computers within the last 5 years come stock with card
readers in them.
most laptops have a pcmcia slot on the side, you can get a pcmcia
cf adapter.
Hope this helps.
Chris
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:59:43 -0700, you wrote:

I really do feel dumb with all these questions.  As long as I've
had
this great product, I should know this stuff by now.  **ashamed**
Here
goes another question:

Without a card reader, how will I get the maps onto the card?
Thanks
for all help.

Really ashamed,
Sharonda

On 7/18/07, Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh and don't forget you should also erase or move your 35
commercial
pois as well.
Your user.poi file can be kept and used under GPS 4.0.
Charles

don't be sorry.
You will erase your 3.5 maps, then copy your new 4.0 maps into
the
maps folder on your existing card.
Hope this helps.
Chris
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:34:31 -0700, you wrote:

So, when we download the 4.0 files, do you put the state on the
same
card? Will it overwrite the current files that were on the card?
Sorry
for my questions.  Thanks.
Sharonda

On 7/18/07, Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello James,
If it's an upgrade to 4.0 you will get the e-mail, You already
have
the card.
Hope this helps.
Chris
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:50:36 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Chris,
I got mine thru Humanware.
I'm ihn Sacramento, and Rehab paid for my M powered BN with GPS.
Will
still get the email, or will I get a card?