[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Re: Help understanding roundabouts

  • From: Ari Moisio <arimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:09:24 +0200 (EET)

Hi gavin

Have you tried mainstream navigators, primarily Wayfinder Navigator or Nokia Maps due their moderate accessibility, how they can cope such roundabouts?

mr. M01510

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, gavin atkins wrote:

Hi from the UK where the issue of roundabouts is a
matter of safety, at the moment if we in the Uk try to
tell a driver how to navigate around a Roundabout it
just doesn't work because we are unable to advise the
driver in advance which exit he must prepare to leave
the Roundabout at it is considered dangerous driving by
Traffic Police if a driver changes lanes on a roundabout
the driver is supposed to select there position eg the
correct lane and stay in it not change lanes and that is
why the roundabout information is just not safe to use
any within the Uk by any of the Sendero customers.

I think safety is a little more inportant than knowing
whats on offer at the nearest Pizza joint!

Gavin.
Gavin Atkins,
tel: M 07702:051633,
Email: gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx

 Support Guide Dogs by using MagicTaxis FREE internet
search engine and email.
MagicTaxi gives 50 % of its advertising revenue to
charity.
For more information see
wwwddguidedogsddorgdduk/magictaxi