[gps-talkusers] Re: blue logger battery

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:58:06 -0500

Hi Rosemary,

In my experience, anytime you do a reset on the pk, you need to deactivate and reactivate the connection with the Blue Logger to get the gps software to recognize the receiver again. I doubt the problem has anything to do with your battery.

Robert Carter

At 08:21 PM 9/8/2005, you wrote:

Hi, Do you mean pair it again by putting the 0000 in, or just deactivating and activating it again?  I don't remember the discussion, but yesterday I did take the precaution of deactivating and activating it again, which I didn't today.  I did check to see if bluetooth was on.  As I recall, it wasn't because I did a reset, so I turned it on again.
I'll keep this in mind, though, since I find starting the thing up the most frustrating part of using GPS.  When it gets going, it's wonderful.  I'm a last minute person, and I can't seem to allow more than 10 minutes of prep time before I have to leave.  Allowing 10 minutes is a lot for me, and I've only learned to do this in recent years.  (grin)
Rosemary