[gps-talkusers] auto versus ped travel and gps settings

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:51:00 -0800

Hi folks,
I'm a new sense nav user. I am really enjoying the virtual explore
feature during this cold and rainy spell here in Eugene, Oregon.  but
the sun must eventually come out even here, which leads me to ask a
couple of questions about using the gps as a pedestrian versus when as
a passenger in a car. For you experienced folks out there, are there
some settings that you routinely change, turn on or off, depending
whether you are a pedestrian or a passenger? Its pretty obvious that
having all that look around stuff talk when in a car would be pretty
nerve racking. but what about arrival distances or other things? Since
an auto goes so much faster than one does on foot, the notification for
being near the next turn or near the destination would have to be set
to a greater distance than if one were traveling on foot, I'm sure, but
I don't really have a feeling for what those distances should be.

mary