[gps-talkusers] Re: another new iphone navigation app

  • From: Kevin chao <kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 20:53:38 -0800

I should try out that app. There is even an app for indoor navigation , released today

Thanks,

Kevin
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2009, at 7:50 PM, Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have someone testing Navigon and hope to have a report before long. From what I hear, it covers the basics pretty well assuming you can deal with the touch screen interface of the iPhone, not for the faint of heart.

However, you can assume that applications designed for the sighted will never provide Look Around and other modes useful to blind users.

As I know you understand, prices are based on the number of users for a product. iPhone apps are based on sales to millions and apps for blind users are based on low thousands of users. Sendero users have a direct voice in influencing features versus having no influence on a main stream product. This is the good news bad news of being a big fish in a small pond versus a small fish in the ocean.

Mike

At 04:18 PM 12/7/2009, Mike Arrigo wrote:
I agree, though I'm not sure how accessible the new app is, I know the navigon works well. This is not meant as a criticism aganst Sendero, they have good products, but the prices are very high. Hopefully more and more main stream devices and applications will becme accessible the way navigon is on the iphone, really that's the way it should be.
On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Baracco, Andrew W wrote:

> This is exciting. Another indication that implementation of principles
> of universal design can result in the lack of need for overpriced
> specialized products.
> Andy

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Featuring Sendero GPS on 4 platforms, BrailleNotes, Sense Nav for Braille Sense products, Mobile Geo on Windows phones and StreetTalk VIP for the Pac Mate. Distributing Trekker Breeze and Wayfinder for Symbian phones. Also distributing Victor Stream, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Mobile Speak, Tiger embossers, Miniguide and ID Mate

Crashing Through, a book about Mike May, by Robert Kurson, available at http://www.CrashingThrough.com

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
429 F Street, Davis, CA 95616, USA

http://senderogroup.com/email.htm

http://senderogroup.com/email.htm