[gps-talkusers] Re: advanced Poi search

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:17:45 -0700

Hi Kathy
My suggestion for you worked for me, now you need to be carful in which grade of Braille you are in, that sometimes when you press a letter it uses the contraction like if you type in B alone you get "But". I do not know what you need to press in order to just get the single letter to be search for I am sure someone can chime in with that answer.

When I am set to Grade 1 Braille and did a search for "S" I did find a Subway Sandwich which was nearby, so I think the Braille Contraction issue must have been your problem, its either that or the default search distance if you don't put one in will only search out 1/4 of a mile.

Charles.

At 08:03 PM 8/23/2007, you wrote:
Hi, Charles,

I tried your suggestion below about typing in the first letter of the poi you want when asked for the string. I obviously have done it incorrectly, because it didn't give me a list of pois beginning with just that letter.
I did it in the "all" category of restaurants.  Is this incorrect?
I knew there were Subway restaurants nearby, so typed in s. That didn't work. I then typed in su and that worked.
Thanks for any other suggestions.
Kathy