[gps-talkusers] Washington trains work great

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:51:31 -0700

You may recall that the Virgin trains in the UK screened out the GPS signals.

I am happy to report that the Amtrak trains out of Washington DC work
great, at least the 2 that I have taken work. Just as a point of
information, the train speeds got up to the 110 miles per hour range. The
fastest train I have ever sensed with the BrailleNote GPS was in Belgium in
route from London to Paris. They hit over 180 miles per hour. Seeing those
speeds on the Braille display gives you an inching of what the countryside
must look like, flying by at those speeds.

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West