[gps-talkusers] Re: Voice-Activated GPS

  • From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <Andrew.Baracco@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:20:31 -0700

From the standpoint of a user, I would like to see voice access.  I
guess I was thinking from a practical standpoint.  For a blind person to
use voice input on a PC, you need 3 applications.  A voice input system
such as Dragon naturally Speaking, a screen reader like JAWS, and a
bridge program like JSAY to make the voice input program and screen
reader work together.  All of this is expensive, and takes a lot of
computer processing power.  I am not an engineer, but I doubt that the
current Mpower, or similar device, or even the most powerful cell phone
processor could handle this kind of load.

Andy